SQLearn, the market-leading Greek company that specializes in e-learning, aspires to provide new innovative solutions to improve the level of medical care provided on board within the framework of SeaHealth project.
Through the platform developed by SQLearn, there will be the opportunity to record acute medical incidents on board and seafarers’ illnesses to assess them, provide medical advice, find the best possible interventions and enhance prevention. At the same time, with the use of e-learning libraries from Dolphin Platforms of SQLearn, there will be the opportunity of training on health and care issues for seafarers.
The research project “Elearning platform for Seafarers for first aid and health issues”- SeaHealth (Υγεία εν πλω) through the Operational Program Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation under the call RESEARCH –CREATE –INNOVATE will be implemented from SQLearn and Danaos Management Consultants in collaboration with the 1stOtolaryngology Clinic of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (UOA).
Specifically, the project aims to:
- The recording of acute medical incidents on board and occupational illnesses of seafarers, their evaluation and the search for best possible interventions, improving health services and enhancing prevention.
- The development of a training platform on health and care issues for seafarers with the use of e-learning libraries from Dolphin Platforms of SQLearn.
- The training and evaluation from seafarers who will be asked to evaluate the new platform with the aim of its improvement before its placement on the market.
- The development of a synchronous and asynchronous intervention platform, with image and sound, to transfer as much and more reliable information to medical personnel ashore to provide medical advice.
- Test the platform on board.
- The dissemination and commercial exploitation of the platform globally.
The project is running from September 2018 to September 2021.